In Copenhagen is placed the top restaurant in the world for 2022, so put it on your bucket list if you want a “different” dining experience. The restaurant in the Danish capital topped the list of the 50 greatest restaurants in the world for the second consecutive year.
The vegetarian meal of “Geranium” features fresh and nearby ingredients. In order to preserve a good work-life balance, co-owner Sren Ledet and head chef Rasmus Kofoed decided to only open it four days a week.
Restaurants are only permitted to win the highest honor once before being placed in the “Best of the Best” category. Noma, Eleven Madison Park in New York, The Fat Duck in London, Osteria Francescana in Modena, Italy, and Mirazur in Menton, France are further members of the select club.
What are the top ten restaurants in the world right now:
1. Geranium (Copenhagen, Denmark)
2. Central (Lima, Peru) * Best Restaurant in South America *
3. Disfrutar (Barcelona, Spain)
Diverxo (Madrid, Spain)
5. Pujol (Mexico City, Mexico) *Best Restaurant in North America*
6. Asador Etxebarri (Axpe, Spain)
7. A Casa do Porco (São Paulo, Brazil)
8. Lido 84 (Gardone Riviera, Italy)
9. Quintonil (Mexico City, Mexico)
10. Le Calandre (Rubano, Italy)